Aves Apoxie Sculpt
Apoxie® Sculpt combines the features and benefits of sculpting clay with the adhesive power of epoxy! Its smooth, putty-like consistency is easy to mix & use. Self-hardens (No Baking); cures hard in 24 hrs., semi-gloss finish. Adheres to nearly any surface. Great for sculpting, embellishing, bonding and filling most anything. Accepts paints, stains, mica powders & more for a variety of finishing options. Be Creative with Your Own Uses!
- Putty-like consistency
- 1-3 hour working time
- Highly Adhesive
- Superior Detail
- 0% Shrinkage & Cracking
- Hard & Durable
- Semi-gloss finish
- Marine & Exterior Quality
- Freeze-thaw Stable
- Adheres to: Itself (in any stage of set-up before or after curing), other epoxies, Ceramic, Metal, Wood, Stone, Glass, Plastics, Foam, Fiberglass, Polymers, & more!
*Wear appropriate gloves.
- Wear disposable gloves to measure equal parts of A & B. Always retrieve parts A & B with different tools.
- Mix & knead together for 2 minutes until thoroughly combined and a uniform color is achieved. Note incomplete mixing will give poor results. *Allow mixed product to rest 5 minutes for better handling.
- Apoxie® Sculpt is ready to use; working time is 1- 3 hours. Shape as desired. Smooth or texture with a wet finger, brush, Q-tip or sculpting tool. Self-hardens (NO BAKING); 24 hour full cure.
- Clean up: soap & water or Aves® Safety Solvent (very helpful for smoothing, removing finger prints & cleaning up pigment / product residue before set-up). Finish as desired. Paint wet or dry. ?Marine & Exterior Quality!
*Wear protective gloves [e.g., nitrile or equivalent] when combining parts A and B. Wear a dust mask and safety glasses when sanding cured product…[P280] *Keep out of reach of children…[P102] *Safe for adults when used as directed. 24 hr. full cure required for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, carving, drilling, machining, etc., without chipping, cracking or flaking. Keep containers sealed when not in use. Freeze-Thaw-Stable.
Apoxie Sculpt is GHS & Prop 65 Complient:
WARNING – May cause an allergic skin reaction and eye irritation. Hazard Statements – H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction. H320 Causes eye irritation. Apoxie® Sculpt Conforms to Safety Standard ASTM International D4236.
Working Time Line Guide:
- 1/2 hour: Sticky & most adhesive
- 1 to 2 hours: Easy to work with
- 2 to 3 hours: Setting up, form-able detail
- 24 hours: Hard, cured & waterproof
- Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up with a paint brush and the use of Aves®Safety Solvent for fine details; use water for smoothing large surface areas of your project.
- Wearing gloves when mixing A+B is not only helpful for clean up, but ensures thorough mixing of the product.
- To keep the product from sticking to your hands try rubbing a bit of extra virgin olive oil on your finger tips to keep the product from sticking.
- Dipping your tools & fingers in cold water will keep Apoxie Sculpt from sticking to your surfaces and allow maximum details.
- Create new colors of Apoxie Sculpt by mixing any of the part ‘A’ colors of Apoxie Sculpt together, then add an equal amount of part ‘B’ (all part A’s are the same, and all part B’s are the same)
- A good idea for any left over mixed Apoxie Sculpt is to start a journal cover or decorate a box top with it – you’d be surprised how much you over mix and how creative you can be with your left overs!
- Embellish with; tiles, glass, beads, stones, gems, crystals more!
- Works excellent with gold leaf and mica powers!
- If you are looking for a bright white color, please check out our Super White Apoxie® (our regular Apoxie Sculpt white is more of a copy paper white vs bright white)